Far from its initial origins of a casual recreational gaming, the world of video gaming and esports has exploded into a multimillion dollar industry that captivates hundreds of millions of spectators. Jobs in the esports field grew by 185% in just the first six months of 2019, and year-over-year growth for the whole industry has been over 15%. It’s a young industry, in need of managers and leaders who are ready to build new business practices and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
About Salem’s eSports Management Bachelor’s Degree
You can get prepared for this booming area of innovation with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an eSports Management specialization from Salem University. Combining foundational business skills with specialized knowledge of video gaming and events management, our esports degree is uniquely qualified to prepare you for jobs in a rapidly growing field. Cover everything from the history of esports to current issues and trends facing the industry. A BSBA esports college degree can also be a great stepping off point toward getting your Master of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our esports management degree curriculum with the goal of providing a high-quality education that prepares you for lifelong learning. We aim to develop your leadership and problem-solving skills and encourage all of our students to read critically, ask appropriate questions, gather information, and apply critical analysis. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With A Bachelor’s Degree in eSports Management?
An eSports management degree can help you prepare for entry-level employment in careers like:
- Esports Coordinator
- Esports Specialist
- Esports Video Analyst
- Director of Esports
- Esports Production Assistant
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Bachelor’s Degree in eSports Management Program?
At Salem, our esports degree management program starts with a strong foundation in business administration and management fundamentals. Our curriculum framework emphasizes the importance of critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills that can make a positive impact on today’s business landscape. We also fold in an international component that focuses on global information, awareness, and perspectives. All of this is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
In your specialized esports degree courses, you’ll cover topics like:
- Analyzing the current esports market and establishing best business and marketing practices
- Utilizing event management strategies to create successful, next-level esports experiences
- Synthesizing strategic thinking tactics in order to be able to quickly adapt to the fluid, constantly changing entertainment market
- Building on knowledge of esports teams and history and stay in tune with the industry, ethics standards, and respective games
- Assessing circuit construction and operation for different games in order to provide better outcomes
What eSports Management Classes Will I Take?
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration eSports degree program with a specialization in eSports Management requires the completion of 75 foundational and elective credits, as well as 30 core business credits that include:
- ACC111 Principles of Accounting
- ACC112 Principles of Accounting 2
- BUS323 Commercial Law Salem
- FIN344 Corporate Finance
- FIN345 Corporate Finance 2
- MGT210 Principles of Management
- MGT361 Management Information Systems
- MGT363 Organizational Theory
- MGT499 Senior Capstone Project
- MKT231 Principles of Marketing
You’ll also take 15 credits in the eSports Management specialization:
- ESM300 The History of Esports
- ESM310 Esports Business Strategy
- ESM320 Esports Multimedia and Marketing
- ESM330 Esports Event Management
- ESM340 Esports: Current Issues and Trends
How Long Will It Take to Get My eSports Management Bachelor’s Degree?
On average, a full-time student can earn their Bachelor of Science in Business Administration eSports degree with a specialization in eSports Management in approximately 40 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at a time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or apply online. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take The Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Bachelor of Science in Business Administration — eSports Management degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.