At every level of business and commerce, there is a need for leaders — at the team level, the department level, even the company level — who can establish a vision and implement a plan for achieving it. Managers who can inspire their teams and grow their organizations with creativity and confidence.
About Salem’s Online Management MBA Degree
The Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Management from Salem University offers upper-level management classes that can help you hone your leadership and decision-making skills. In this online master’s in management program, you’ll learn how to think outside the box and make critical decisions, readying you for upper-level roles in everything from small entrepreneurial startups to large multinational corporations. Earning your MBA degree can also prepare you to pursue the next step of your education with a Doctor of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our master’s degree programs to be fully online, with a high-quality curriculum that aims to provide opportunities for professional growth and development; develop skills that allow you to conduct research and integrate theory and practice; and promote excellence in leadership, scholarship, work, and life. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do with an MBA in Management?
An MBA with an emphasis in management can help expand your career opportunities to include advanced and senior-level positions, like:
- General Manager — Plan, direct, and organize the operations of a public or private sector organization to achieve operational goals
- Entrepreneur — Implement a start-up idea and plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of business operations
- Team Lead — Develop a vision, goals, and objectives for an internal business team and provide oversight and direction
- Production Manager — Coordinate the plans for products and services in manufacturing plants and ensure work runs smoothly
- Marketing Manager — Plan, direct, and coordinate marketing plans for a wide range of clients and customers
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Master’s Degree in Management Program?
Our business management master’s degree program prepares you to manage teams, develop strategic goals, implement organizational strategies, and create positive forward momentum wherever you work. We believe in leadership by example as one of the most important components, which is why we build our business management master’s curriculum on a foundation of business law, ethics, integrity, and evidence-based decision making. Everything you learn with our program is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
Your online master’s in management courses will cover topics like:
- Entrepreneurship and the process of generating a successful start-up business
- Decision-making skills at the managerial level and how to go about weighing options and alternatives
- Tactics for managing and marketing a wide range of companies, including global corporations with diverse customer bases
- Considerations when dealing with management in for-profit, non-profit, and government organizations
What Management MBA Classes Will I Take?
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a specialization in Management requires the completion of 21 core semester credits that include:
- ACC515 Accounting for Managers
- BUS500 Applied Business Statistics
- BUS699 Enterprise Strategic Planning and Change Management
- ECO570 Managerial Economics
- FIN560 Financial Management
- MKT530 Marketing Management
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
You’ll also take 9 credits in the management specialization:
- BUS633 Project Management and Budgeting
- BUS660 Management Utilization of Technology
- BUS670 Global Challenges of Communications and Human Resources Management
How Long Will It Take to Get My Management MBA?
On average, a full-time student can earn their MBA degree with a specialization in Management in less than 12 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. Contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
An MBA degree in Management is a graduate-level program that provides advanced education in business management, leadership, and strategic decision-making.
Graduates can pursue a wide range of managerial roles in various industries, such as general manager, operations manager, project manager, business development manager, and more.
While some programs prefer applicants with work experience, others may accept individuals with a strong academic background and a passion for business.
The curriculum typically includes courses in strategic management, organizational behavior, leadership, marketing, finance, operations, and business ethics.
Many programs offer practical components such as internships, consulting projects, and case studies to provide real-world management experience.
Yes, many MBA programs are designed for working professionals, offering flexible schedules and part-time or online options.
The duration varies, but full-time programs generally take 1 to 2 years. Part-time or online options may extend the duration.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at a time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or apply online. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.