Salem University (SU) is committed to making college education as affordable as possible by providing scholarships. Scholarship awards are granted based on a review of applications by the Scholarship Committee. Scholarships are awarded for one full-time semester at a time on a funds-available basis and may be renewed based on student’s performance.
Award amounts may not exceed the cost of attendance adjusted for other financial aid and may only be awarded to students in good financial standing and good academic standing.
New Student Success Grant
Salem University is pleased to announce our New Student Success Grant! New students enrolling in our 100% online or on campus associate and/or bachelor’s degree programs at Salem University who are residents of Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Virginia are now eligible for our New Student Success Grant. This opportunity will reduce your cost of attendance to just $425 per credit!
President’s Honor Scholarship
- The Salem Presidential Scholarships must be applied for each year if you wish to have your merits considered for selection of this scholarship.
- Students may apply after the completion of their second semester in which they have earned a 4.0 cumulative GPA.
- The application, essay, letter of recommendation from a faculty member and a copy of their transcripts must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the due date.
- The Scholarship Committee may ask for a face-to-face or virtual meeting.
- Good financial standings with the university.
- Must enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
- For a full list of terms and conditions review the application terms and conditions section.
All required documents must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 12:00am (Midnight) EST on Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
Estimated Scholarship Amount:
Up to $2000 per academic semester may be awarded after all grades are posted, not to exceed 10 total semesters.
Scholarships will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and awarded no later than June 15th. Please note, the Salem University Scholarship Committee must remain within its set budget, and therefore, may run out of funding. It is recommended that you ensure your application showcases your academic drive and excellence.
Click here to download the application.
Students who complete baccalaureate degrees at Salem may apply for an Alumni Scholarship to pursue graduate studies at Salem.
- Funding is available as a one-time scholarship of $2,000.00
- Scholarships are available to all bachelor degree completers who enter a Master’s degree program within the first month of bachelor degree completion.
- Contact LaQueda Taulton at firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarship applications.
The Dean’s Financial Planning Excellence Scholarship
- The student will apply before beginning the seven course Certified Financial Planning Certificate program
- The student will interview with the administration either via Zoom or in person
- Eligible for a one-time $1,000 scholarship applied throughout the program.
The Dean’s Financial Planning Excellence Scholarship provides scholarships to qualified individuals seeking to complete Salem University’s CFP Preparatory Program. The scholarship will offset the cost of CFP preparation for highly qualified candidates be able to achieve their dream of becoming financial planning professionals. In conjunction with the CFP Board, Salem University aims to reduce the cost of educational coursework and exam preparation. There are a total of 5 scholarships available for each cohort.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
- Must enroll in the Salem University CFP Preparation Program
- Must have an Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must demonstrate a financial need, be from underrepresented populations within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race and ethnicity, AND/OR be a US Military Veteran.
To apply, please send an email, along with all of your contact information to email@example.com
Scholarships are an important resource for funding your education. Every student has a different story and financial situation; scholarships help recipients reduce their loan debt, out of pocket cost or allow them to obtain their degree when otherwise they may be unable to do so. Your funding sources are limited only by the number of scholarships you apply for. Be sure to apply for as many scholarships, including external / private scholarships, as you can – it is recommended that each college student apply for 10-12 scholarships yearly.
Be careful of scamming– never pay for scholarship applications, never provide your social security number. If you win a scholarship and the foundation needs your information, they will send documentation directly to the university.
How to prepare for a scholarship search:
- It’s important to give yourself plenty of time to search for a scholarship, complete and edit the application, essay, and ask for letters of recommendation. It’s recommended to create a second, more professional email address just for scholarships.
- Write a generic essay as your base, then customize it for each scholarship.
- Generally, essays should have an introduction, one to three paragraphs regarding the topic and a conclusion.
- Find someone to proofread your application and essays before submitting.
- Stay organized, track which scholarships you are working on, the deadlines, when you submitted your application, and if the application website has a password.
Top national scholarships websites:
If you have questions about scholarships, please contact the Salem University Financial Aid office.