Business and technology often walk hand-in-hand in today’s world, and there is an increasing need for companies to ensure they’re cyber-resilient in an increasingly cyber-aggressive world. It’s led to a significant demand for skilled professionals who can provide leadership and guidance when it comes to securing data.
About Salem’s Online Cybersecurity MBA Degree
Salem University’s Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Cybersecurity develops your overall strategic skill set for business, with specific knowledge aimed at careers in information systems and data security. Discover how to assess technology networks and tease out vulnerabilities that could put an organization and its valuable data at risk with a curriculum that can ready you for leadership positions in the business and technology worlds. Earning your MBA degree can also ready you to pursue the next step of your education with a Doctor of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our master’s degree programs to be fully online, with a high-quality curriculum that aims to provide opportunities for professional growth and development; develop skills that allow you to conduct research and integrate theory and practice; and promote excellence in leadership, scholarship, work, and life. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With an MBA in Cybersecurity?
An MBA with an emphasis in cybersecurity can help expand your career opportunities to include advanced and senior-level positions, like:
- Information Security Analyst
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Security Architect or Manager, IT
- Information Security Director
- Chief Information Officer
What Will I Learn in Salem’s MBA in Cybersecurity Program?
Our MBA program starts with teaching you the key business fundamentals you will need, including accounting, leadership, organizational behavior, ethics, change management, strategic planning, economics, and more. We pair that with deep-dive courses within your specialization and a curriculum that challenges you to think critically, engage in ethical decision-making, and solve problems by thinking outside of the box. Everything you learn with our program is brought together in a capstone course that allows you to demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, diverse, and global perspective.
Your Cybersecurity specialization courses will cover topics like:
- Information systems security within the ITU-T framework and the role and importance of international standards for cybersecurity, as well as cryptography, cryptanalysis, and system security evaluation
- Current trends in cybersecurity and issues in government, business, and infrastructure protection in order to evaluate the current state of the field and develop skills in risk management, incident response, and mitigation practices
- How to properly implement information security systems using a layered approach and skillset in order to protect institutional systems from malware, viruses, cybercrime, social engineering, DDoS attacks, hacking, and other elements that threaten the protection of physical and intellectual assets
What Cybersecurity MBA Classes Will I Take?
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a specialization in Cybersecurity requires the completion of 27 core semester credits that include:
- ACC515 Accounting for Managers
- BUS500 Applied Business Statistics
- BUS698 Directed Readings and Research
- BUS699 Enterprise Strategic Planning and Change Management
- ECO570 Managerial Economics
- FIN560 Financial Management
- MKT530 Marketing Management
- BUS554 Business Law
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
You’ll also take 9 credits in the Cybersecurity specialization:
- IT610 Information Systems Security Professional
- IT620 Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- IT630 Security Policies and Procedures
How Long Will It Take to Get My Cybersecurity MBA?
On average, a full-time student can earn their MBA degree with a specialization in Cybersecurity in about approximately 12 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online here. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take the Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Master of Business Administration — Cybersecurity degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.