If the world runs on business, the business world, in turn, relies on the skilled professionals who keep things moving — whether it’s finance, commerce, marketing, sales, management and more.
About Salem’s Business Administration Associate Degree
The core curriculum of the Associate of Science in Business Administration degree from Salem University provides a foundation across key functional areas of business administration. Our goal is to help you enter an entry-level career in the business or finance world or, alternatively, prepare you for our bachelor’s degree in business administration program. You can choose to take the associate in business administration entirely on-campus in Salem, West Virginia, or through a blended program that incorporates distance education courses.*
Our associate in business administration program curriculum has been designed to hit upon key concepts that will give you a holistic understanding of the business world’s modern landscape while embracing Salem’s mission of integrity, accountability, civility, and problem-solving with a global perspective.
*Blended programs of study may be arranged with the program director’s approval.
What Can I Do With an Associate Degree in Business Administration?
Studying the foundations of business administration can prepare you for a wide variety of entry-level, in-demand positions, often with plenty of growth potential as you gain experience or pursue further studies. You can apply for careers like:
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Office Administrator
- Customer Service Representative
- Sales Support Specialist
- Payroll Specialist
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Associate Degree in Business Administration Program?
We developed our associate in business administration degree program to serve as a jumping-off point to further studies or prepare you for the business job market. We touch on a number of different topics, including: micro- and macroeconomics, accounting principles, marketing principles, management, key computer applications, and more. All of this is done with an international focus that gives students an overview of the global business environment.
Graduates will demonstrate:
- An understanding of business functions, economics, and professional communication and conduct
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to compete in the global market economy
- Ability to communicate information in written, oral, and graphic formats
What Business Administration Classes Will I Take?
The Associate of Science in Business Administration degree program requires the completion of 60 semester credits — with at least 24 general education credits and at least 15 credits from the Business Administration core, which includes:
- ACC111 and AC112 Principles of Accounting 1 & 2
- BUS323 Commercial Law Salem
- FIN344 and FIN345 Corporate Finance 1 & 2
- MGT210 Principles of Management
- MGT361 Management Information Systems
- MGT363 Organizational Theory
All hours earned in a Salem associate degree track can be applied to the requirements of our bachelor’s degree track.
How Long Will It Take to Get My Business Administration Associate Degree?
On average, a full-time student can earn an associate’s degree in business administration in about approximately 20 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at a time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or apply online. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take the Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Associate of Science in Business Administration degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.