Just about every business, no matter how big or small, thrives on the people who work there. They’re who make organizational goals possible, and having a skilled human resources department to serve as advocate, oversight, and bridge between the individual employees and the organization as a whole is a vital component of the modern workplace.
About Salem’s Online Human Resource Management MBA Degree
At Salem University, our Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resource Management degree program provides graduate-level work focusing on the growing need for leaders in human resources who understand the necessity of connecting strategic business planning and goals with the human side of things, from staffing and recruiting, to diversity and training, to performance and policy. Earning your MBA degree can also ready you to pursue the next step of your education with a Doctor of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our master’s degree programs to be fully online, with a high-quality curriculum that aims to provide opportunities for professional growth and development; develop skills that allow you to conduct research and integrate theory and practice; and promote excellence in leadership, scholarship, work, and life. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With an MBA in Human Resource Management?
An MBA with an emphasis in human resource management can help expand your career opportunities to include advanced and senior-level positions, like:
- Human Resources Manager
- Senior Human Resources Consultant
- Employee Relations Manager
- Director or Vice President of Human Resources
- Communications Manager or Director of Communications
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management Program?
Our MBA — Human Resources Management degree prepares students to work in almost any industry, overseeing human resources departments, teams of specialists, or providing consulting services to organizations of all sizes. We tackle fundamental topics like management techniques, accounting principles, finance practices, communication tactics, and marketing strategies, and our curriculum includes case analysis, team projects, and oral and written presentations. All of this is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
Your courses will cover topics like:
- How the cultural, political, and legal environment affects human resource management across national boundaries
- Long-term human resource planning strategies to develop a well-trained, diverse workforce
- How to identify, recruit, hire, and develop the right people for an organization, including performance evaluation and compensation
- Labor and management relations, including dispute resolution, negotiation process and strategies, and mediation
What Human Resource Management MBA Classes Will I Take?
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a specialization in Human Resource Management requires the completion of 27 core semester credits that include:
- ACC515 Accounting for Managers
- BUS500 Applied Business Statistics
- BUS698 Directed Readings and Research
- BUS699 Enterprise Strategic Planning and Change Management
- ECO570 Managerial Economics
- FIN560 Financial Management
- MKT530 Marketing Management
- BUS554 Business Law
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
You’ll also take 9 credits in the human resource management specialization:
- BUS671 Strategic Human Resource Planning and Ethics
- BUS672 Talent Acquisition and Employee Development and Compensation
- BUS670 Global Challenges of Communications and Human Resources Management
- BUS673 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
How Long Will It Take to Get My Human Resource Management MBA?
On average, a full-time student can earn their MBA degree with a specialization in Human Resource Management in about approximately 12 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online here. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take The Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Master of Business Administration — Human Resource Management degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.