The economies and commercial markets of the modern world are even more intertwined than we could’ve possibly imagined a hundred years ago. Corporations and organizations crisscross sprawling oceans and national borders, and they’re in need of business professionals who know how to see things from a global point of view.
About Salem’s International Business Bachelor’s Degree
Get prepared for the dynamic global marketplace with the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an International Business specialization from Salem University. Discover the ins and outs of international trade, laws, and regulations governing diverse markets and learn how to advise managers and executives on how to improve the organization from a multicultural perspective. A BSBA degree can also be a great stepping off point toward getting your Master of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our bachelor’s degree curriculum with the goal of providing a high-quality education that prepares you for lifelong learning. We aim to develop your leadership and problem-solving skills and encourage all of our students to read critically, ask appropriate questions, gather information, and apply critical analysis. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With a Bachelor’s Degree in International Business?
A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in international business can help you prepare for entry-level employment in careers like:
- International Business Analyst
- Import-Export Agent
- Public Relations Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Foreign Exchange Trader
- Policy Analyst
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Bachelor’s Degree in International Business Program?
At Salem, our international business program begins with a foundation in business fundamentals, including business management, financial management, marketing, statistics, and human resource management. We also work on your writing and speaking skills, critical-thinking abilities, and leadership techniques without our general education framework. All of the programs at Salem University include an international component, but our international business specialization folds it into the entire curriculum, building your global information, awareness, and perspectives. Everything is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
In your specialized international business courses, you’ll cover topics like:
- Global legal, regulatory, and public policy provisions and how they affect trade practices, marketing practices, environmental practices, intellectual property, ethics, and business relationships
- Valuation concepts, analytics, and financial decision-making withing the unique dimensions of an international context
- The principles and techniques of manpower management in organizations, including challenges and processes, labor law, and the collective bargaining process
- The challenges arising from management of a multinational enterprise, including installation of operations in foreign countries; organizational structure and strategic decision-making; and movement of monies, goods, skills, and technology across national borders
- Marketing opportunities in international markets, with a focus on management styles, negotiations, export promotion, and technical transactions
What International Business Classes Will I Take?
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program with a specialization in International Business requires the completion of 75 foundational and elective credits, as well as 30 core business credits that include:
- ACC111 Principles of Accounting
- ACC112 Principles of Accounting 2
- BUS323 Commercial Law Salem
- FIN344 Corporate Finance
- FIN345 Corporate Finance 2
- MGT210 Principles of Management
- MGT361 Management Information Systems
- MGT363 Organizational Theory
- MGT499 Senior Capstone Project
- MKT231 Principles of Marketing
You’ll also take 15 credits in the International Business specialization:
- BUS440 International Law & Public Policy
- FIN343 International Finance & Banking
- MGT222 Human Resources Management
- MGT424 International Business Management
- MKT431 International Marketing
How Long Will It Take to Get My International Business Bachelor’s Degree?
On average, a full-time student can earn their Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a specialization in International Business in approximately 40 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online here. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take The Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Bachelor of Science in Business Administration — International Business degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.