Transfer Students

Looking to transfer to Salem?

Did you know? By transferring the maximum number of credits into your bachelor’s degree – up to 90 total credit hours* – you may already be a senior! Connect with an enrollment counselor today to see how quickly you can complete your bachelor’s degree using our transfer friendly degree options. To get started, view our admissions requirements for the school you are interested in attending.

Find a Program

*The 90 hours may include up credits from community and technical colleges, credit-by-exam, prior learning experiences, or the Joint Service Transcript. Please review the Academic Catalog for complete requirements.

Transfering From a Community College?

If you’re ready to turn your associate degree into one of our online bachelor’s degrees, learn more about how Salem University can help you maximize your transfer credits. Also, if you attended one of our partners below you may be eligible for a tuition discount and specialized articulations.

Transfer Credit Agreements

IVY Tech Community College
Owens Community College
Eastern Gateway Community College
Pierpoint Community and Technical College
Northwestern College
Glenville State College
Baltimore City Community College
Blude Ridge Community and Technical College
Community College of Southern MD
Terra State Community College
Southern WV CTC

For more information on our transfer agreements, please contact us at or call (304) 326-1514.
Have questions? Reach out to a Salem University Enrollment Counselor! They’ll be able to answer your questions and help you accurately calculate the credits you’re eligible to transfer.

Catalog Bulletin

Catalog Bulletin 2021-22
Catalog Bulletin 2022-23 Partnership benefits students are eligible for partnership benefits at Salem University. Learn more here:

Transfer Guide