The flow of business doesn’t run smoothly on its own. Project managers are needed at every level to keep an eye on timing, resources, budget, and deadlines — to ensure an organization’s output is delivered when it’s needed, without maxing out the allocated cash flow.
About Salem’s Online Project Management MBA Degree
At Salem University, our Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Project Management can ready you for upper-level positions in the project management and operations field with classes designed to hone your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. Whether you’re looking to work in a small business, a nonprofit, a multinational corporation, or anywhere in between, our coursework can prepare you to step into a leadership role. Earning your MBA degree can also ready you to pursue the next step of your education with a Doctor of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our master’s degree programs to be fully online, with a high-quality curriculum that aims to provide opportunities for professional growth and development; develop skills that allow you to conduct research and integrate theory and practice; and promote excellence in leadership, scholarship, work, and life. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With An MBA in Project Management?
An MBA with an emphasis in project management can help expand your career opportunities to include advanced and senior-level positions, like:
- Project Manager — Prepare and implement detailed project plans for developing new products and services
- Director of Operations — Ensure that an organization is operating effectively and efficiently
- Quality Assurance Manager — Ensure the technical accuracy and customer acceptance for use of a team’s work products
- Program Manager — Coordinate a portfolio of projects that may be independent or interdependent, concurrent or serial
- Resource Manager — Oversee the people and resources available to maximize everyone’s time and skillset
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Master’s Degree in Project Management Program?
Our MBA in Project Management starts with foundational business knowledge, from research and data analysis, to strategic planning, to marketing and business law and ethics. We build on this with our upper-level project management coursework, while consistently emphasizing integrity and the global perspective you’ll need to compete in the modern business world. Everything you learn with our program is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
Your courses will cover topics like:
- The basic framework of project management, including project definitions and the project life cycle
- How to evaluate project performance and measure the results
- How to show project impact and determine if a project is realizing its objectives
- Planning and proposing projects, securing resources, budgeting, and leading project teams
- The major elements of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) as defined by the Project Management Institute
What Project Management MBA Classes Will I Take?
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a specialization in Project Management requires the completion of 21 core semester credits that include:
- ACC515 Accounting for Managers
- BUS500 Applied Business Statistics
- BUS699 Enterprise Strategic Planning and Change Management
- ECO570 Managerial Economics
- FIN560 Financial Management
- MKT530 Marketing Management
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
You’ll also take 9 credits in the project management specialization:
- BUS620 Foundations of Project Management
- BUS621 Project Performance and Measurement
- BUS633 Project Management and Budgeting
How Long Will It Take to Get My Project Management MBA?
On average, a full-time student can earn their MBA degree with a specialization in Project Management in less than 12 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online here. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take the Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Master of Business Administration — Project Management degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.