Technology is one of the most transformational aspects in today’s business world. New developments and innovations feed into every field and industry, which has meant skyrocketing demand for information technology professionals and, additionally, IT management. Businesses and organizations need IT managers who can focus on a range of business issues while also contributing to the overall vision and success of the company.
About Salem’s Online Information Technology Management MBA Degree
The Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Information Technology Management from Salem University covers everything from daily operations, supervision, and managerial tactics to project and risk management plans and information security maintenance. IT management professionals are critical to the success of business operations around the world, and our IT Management master’s degree can prepare you with the skills and knowledge you need in order to step into this role with confidence. Earning your MBA degree can also ready you to pursue the next step of your education with a Doctor of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our master’s degree programs to be fully online, with a high-quality curriculum that aims to provide opportunities for professional growth and development; develop skills that allow you to conduct research and integrate theory and practice; and promote excellence in leadership, scholarship, work, and life. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With an MBA in IT Management?
An MBA with an emphasis in IT management can help expand your career opportunities to include advanced and senior-level positions, like:
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Computer Network Architect
- IT Manager
- Information Systems Security Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Master’s Degree in IT Management Program?
With our IT Management MBA degree, we can help expand your opportunities in the dynamic, in-demand world of information technology by preparing you to step into a leadership role. By pairing a foundation in business ethics, finance, marketing, and communication with in-depth specialized courses in the field of IT, we make it possible for you to demonstrate advanced critical-thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills for your team and your organization. All of this is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
Your courses will cover topics like:
- Integrating skills, concepts, and strategies for effective business leadership and management
- Utilizing business vocabulary for effective communication in a global economy
- Leveraging the components of the essential elements of change management
- Applying finance, statistics, logistics, supply chain, and risk and project management for success in a global economy
- Employing knowledge, skills, and abilities in solving technical business problems
What IT Management MBA Classes Will I Take?
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a specialization in Information Technology Management requires the completion of 27 core semester credits that include:
- ACC515 Accounting for Managers
- BUS500 Applied Business Statistics
- BUS698 Directed Readings and Research
- BUS699 Enterprise Strategic Planning and Change Management
- ECO570 Managerial Economics
- FIN560 Financial Management
- MKT530 Marketing Management
- BUS554 Business Law
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
You’ll also take 9 credits in the information technology management specialization:
- BUS660 Management Utilization of Technology
- ITM510 Database Administration
- ITM680 Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, and Decision-Support Systems
How Long Will It Take to Get My Information Technology Management MBA?
On average, a full-time student can earn their MBA degree with a specialization in IT Management in about approximately 12 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online here. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take The Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Master of Business Administration — Information Technology Management degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.