Arguably one of the most important industries in our society is the field of healthcare. And while the focus is often on the doctors and nursing staff who provide direct patient care, there is another vital component to this industry: healthcare management and administration.
About Salem’s Online Health Care Management MBA Degree
Being able to effectively and efficiently run a health team or facility — whether it’s a medical staff, clinic, care facility, or even a full hospital — can make a marked difference in the ability of frontline medical professionals to deliver quality care. With Salem University’s Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management, you can study the leadership and business proficiencies that will qualify you to take on advanced roles with healthcare providers and health-related organizations. Earning your MBA degree can also ready you to pursue the next step of your education with a Doctor of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our master’s degree programs to be fully online, with a high-quality curriculum that aims to provide opportunities for professional growth and development; develop skills that allow you to conduct research and integrate theory and practice; and promote excellence in leadership, scholarship, work, and life. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With an MBA in Health Care Management?
An MBA with an emphasis in health care management can help expand your career opportunities to include advanced and senior-level positions, like:
- Hospital Financial Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Materials Manager
- Nursing Administrator
- Mental Health Organization Manager
- Long-Term Care or Acute Care Facility Manager
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Master’s Degree in Health Care Management Program?
The MBA in Health Care Management degree at Salem University gives you a comprehensive education in both the nature and challenges of the modern-day healthcare system and the critical thinking and decision making skills to enhance your problem-solving capabilities. We teach you how to be a leader with integrity who can make a positive difference wherever you work. All of this is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
Your courses will cover topics like:
- Making considered business decisions based on an understanding of healthcare’s unique regulatory environment, financial needs, and patient service goals
- Helping develop, manage, and maintain human resources within the healthcare setting through an understanding of healthcare provider roles and required qualifications
- Driving improved patient care through analysis of performance metrics
- Understanding and describing the U.S. healthcare system within a global context
What Health Care Management MBA Classes Will I Take?
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a specialization in Health Care Management requires the completion of 27 core semester credits that include:
- ACC515 Accounting for Managers
- BUS500 Applied Business Statistics
- BUS698 Directed Readings and Research
- BUS699 Enterprise Strategic Planning and Change Management
- ECO570 Managerial Economics
- FIN560 Financial Management
- MKT530 Marketing Management
- BUS554 Business Law
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
You’ll also take 9 credits in the health care management specialization:
- HCM605 Introduction to Health Care Management and Operations
- HCM610 Health Care Law, Policy and Ethics
- HCM625 Health Care Planning, Promotion, and Evaluation
How Long Will It Take to Get My Health Care Management MBA?
On average, a full-time student can earn their MBA degree with a specialization in Health Care Management in about approximately 12 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online here. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take the Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Master of Business Administration — Health Care Management degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.