The world of finance is a key factor at just about every level of our society, from our personal finances, to the running of businesses and organizations, to the functioning of our economy. An MBA in finance or similar advanced degree in this field can give you a distinct advantage when it comes to growing your career.
About Salem’s Online Finance MBA Degree
With the Master of Business Administration in Finance degree from Salem University, you can prepare for upper-level jobs in areas like financial management, portfolio advising, investment advising, financial analysis, and more. Our program focuses on the strategic application of financial planning and principles in ways that can immediately benefit your clients, your team, or your organization as a whole. It can also ready you to pursue the next step of your education with a Doctor of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our master’s degree programs to be fully online, with a high-quality curriculum that aims to provide opportunities for professional growth and development; develop skills that allow you to conduct research and integrate theory and practice; and promote excellence in leadership, scholarship, work, and life. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With an MBA in Finance?
An MBA with an emphasis in finance can help expand your career opportunities to include advanced and senior-level positions, like:
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Budget Manager
- Financial Planner
- Business Office Manager
- Corporate Controller
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief of Staff
- Chief Executive Officer
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Master’s Degree in Finance Program?
Salem University’s Master of Business Administration in Finance teaches you how to be a competent and effective problem-solver with exceptional professional integrity and the vision and leadership skills to manage and monitor junior finance professionals. In our curriculum, we combine both foundational business knowledge with in-depth courses in the field of finance. All of this is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
Your courses will cover topics like:
- Applying technical knowledge of cash flow, mergers and acquisitions, and other financial strategies to make effective decisions within the constraints of budgets
- Providing accurate and appropriate financial reporting
- Providing competent financial analysis that evaluates the current financial state of an organization and makes predictions of its future viability
- Engaging in international financial activity with an understanding of international law, international markets, etc.
What Finance MBA Classes Will I Take?
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a specialization in Finance requires the completion of 27 core semester credits that include:
- ACC515 Accounting for Managers
- BUS500 Applied Business Statistics
- BUS698 Directed Readings and Research
- BUS699 Enterprise Strategic Planning and Change Management
- ECO570 Managerial Economics
- FIN560 Financial Management
- MKT530 Marketing Management
- BUS554 Business Law
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
You’ll also take 9 credits in the finance specialization:
- FIN510 Advanced Corporate Finance
- FIN525 Applied Portfolio Theory
- FIN540 Financial Analysis
How Long Will It Take to Get My Finance MBA?
On average, a full-time student can earn their MBA degree with a specialization in Finance in about approximately 12 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online here. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take the Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Master of Business Administration — Finance degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.