A crux point of almost every organization are the professionals who walk the line between technology and management. Those who understand both the technical skills behind IT, networking and data, and the people-focused principles of project management. People like enterprise managers.
About Salem’s Enterprise Network Management Bachelor’s Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) with a concentration in Enterprise Network Management from Salem University can position you as a skilled professional in the area of systems and IT project management. This program focuses on the fundamental role of IT to serve modern business operations on a national and international level, always keeping in mind Salem’s mission to train the next generation of global leaders. A BSIT degree can also be a great stepping off point toward getting your Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT).
We’ve designed our bachelor’s degree curriculum with the goal of providing a high-quality education that prepares you for lifelong learning. We aim to develop your leadership and problem-solving skills and encourage all of our students to read critically, ask appropriate questions, gather information, and apply critical analysis. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule. Salem offers STEM Designated Degree Programs identified by the US Department of Homeland Security, signaling their importance to the Nation and the World.
What Can I Do With a Bachelor’s Degree in Enterprise Network Management?
A bachelor’s degree in information technology with an emphasis in enterprise network management can help you prepare for entry-level employment in careers like:
- Technical Support Specialist
- Network Security Analyst
- Information Systems Director
- Network Inspection, Investigation and Compliance
- Network Manager
- Network Performance Analyst
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Bachelor’s Degree in Enterprise Network Management?
As a graduate of Salem’s BSIT — Enterprise Network Management program, you should be ready to enter the marketplace with demonstrable skills in systems and database administration. In addition, you’ll have developed your knowledge of systems management and IT project management skills. The core program provides a foundation for students to learn how to apply information technology theory and principles to address real-world opportunities and challenges in the management and operations of information systems and networks. We unite instruction with real-world application in the classroom, and all of this is brought together in a capstone course that gives you the opportunity to set up and manage an actual sporting event.
In your specialized Enterprise Network Management courses, you’ll cover topics like:
- Networking theory and concepts within the context of common network environments, from small corporate offices to more complex enterprise networking models
- The basics of computer network security and security research, including basic cryptography, cryptanalysis, and system security
- Installing and configuring Windows servers, including local and remote administration, configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks, creating custom consoles and PowerShell scripts, backup strategies, and more
- Installing, operating, administering, and troubleshooting Microsoft Professional Workstation Operating Systems
What Enterprise Network Management Classes Will I Take?
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree program with a specialization in Enterprise Network Management requires the completion of 75 foundational and elective credits, as well as 30 core information technology credits that include:
- IT110 IT Essentials
- IT130 Fundamentals of Computer Graphics
- IT150 Computer Programming
- IT151 Computer Programming 2
- IT202 Internet Publishing
- IT310 Database Architecture
- IT323 Methods of Software Development
- IT409 Basic Networking
- IT445 IT Project Management
- IT499 Senior Capstone Project
You’ll also take 15 credits in the Enterprise Network Management specialization:
- IT340 Network Discovery
- IT410 Enterprise Networking
- IT420 Information Systems Security
- IT442 Server Administration
- IT443 Client Administration
How Long Will It Take to Get My Enterprise Network Management Bachelor’s Degree?
On average, a full-time student can earn their Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree with a specialization in Enterprise Network Management in approximately 40 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
Take the Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Bachelor of Science in Information Technology — Enterprise Network Management degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.