On every team, in every organization, there is a need for leaders and managers who know how to build relationships and get things done. Whether you want to work for a large multinational corporation or start your own business from scratch, understanding the principles of management can be key to getting you where you want to be.
About Salem’s Management Bachelor’s Degree
At Salem University, you can ready yourself for management-track career opportunities with our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Management. Our program teaches you from the ground up, helping you to better understand the operations of public and private sector organizations, how to plan and coordinate administrative support, and other concepts critical to running a team or business. A BSBA degree can also be a great stepping off point toward getting your Master of Business Administration.
We’ve designed our bachelor’s degree curriculum with the goal of providing a high-quality education that prepares you for lifelong learning. We aim to develop your leadership and problem-solving skills and encourage all of our students to read critically, ask appropriate questions, gather information, and apply critical analysis. And we do all of this within a framework that fits into your current life and responsibilities with our unique, one-course-a-month schedule.
What Can I Do With a Bachelor’s Degree in Management?
A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in management can help you prepare for entry-level employment in careers like:
- Production Manager
- Operations Supervisor
- Office Manager
- General Manager
What Will I Learn in Salem’s Bachelor’s Degree in Management Program?
The management degree program at Salem is designed to naturally build your skills and knowledge in the areas of business administration, finances, statistics, critical thinking, leadership, communication, and human resource management. You’ll balance general education knowledge, like speaking and presentation skills and technological proficiencies, with in-depth coursework, all taught by highly qualified, professional faculty. The program also includes an international component that focuses on global information, awareness, and perspectives. All of this is brought together in a capstone course that lets you demonstrate your ability to combine what you’ve learned with a practical, ethical, and global perspective.
In your specialized management courses, you’ll cover topics like:
- Conceiving, planning, financing, maintaining, and managing a new business venture, which includes preparing and presenting a new business plan
- The principles and techniques of manpower management in organizations, including challenges and processes, labor law, and the collective bargaining process
- The fundamentals of operations management and how it can help companies achieve their strategic goals in terms of effectiveness (achieving what is expected) and efficiency (doing so with the least feasible resources)
- The challenges arising from management of a multinational enterprise, including installation of operations in foreign countries; organizational structure and strategic decision-making; and movement of monies, goods, skills, and technology across national borders
- Marketing opportunities in international markets, with a focus on management styles, negotiations, export promotion, and technical transactions
What Management Classes Will I Take?
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program with a specialization in Management requires the completion of 75 foundational and elective credits, as well as 30 core business credits that include:
- ACC111 Principles of Accounting
- ACC112 Principles of Accounting 2
- BUS323 Commercial Law Salem
- FIN344 Corporate Finance
- FIN345 Corporate Finance 2
- MGT210 Principles of Management
- MGT361 Management Information Systems
- MGT363 Organizational Theory
- MGT499 Senior Capstone Project
- MKT231 Principles of Marketing
You’ll also take 15 credits in the Management specialization:
- BUS410 Business Planning and Small Business Administration
- MGT222 Human Resources Management
- MGT362 Operations Management
- MGT424 International Business Management
- MKT431 International Marketing
How Long Will It Take To Get My Management Bachelor’s Degree?
On average, a full-time student can earn their Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a specialization in Management in approximately 40 months. However, we recognize every student is different, with different circumstances. It’d be best to contact one of our admissions advisors to discuss your specific questions and goals.
Why Should I Choose Salem University?
Since 1888, Salem University has built upon our tradition of accessible, affordable higher education by constantly innovating and looking to the future. We aim to develop lifelong learners who embrace problem-solving with a global perspective. We offer:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-campus
- A unique one-course-a-month format that allows students to focus on a single subject at time and build their knowledge in a way that feels natural
- Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule
- Supportive faculty and staff who serve as thought leaders and mentors
- A beautiful 100-acre campus situated in the Smoky Mountains where programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online here. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
ACCREDITED BY ACBSP
This course is accredited by ACBSP.
Take The Next Step
If you’re interested in getting started on your Bachelor of Science in Business Administration — Management degree from Salem University, now is a great time to request more information or, better yet, chat with us live.