BSBA - Health Care Management
The Health Care Management concentration consists of five upper-level courses that offer you insight into topics including: After graduation, you should be prepared to provide support to organizations that offer direct patient care, provide insurance, or develop treatments.
The Health Care Management concentration consists of five upper-level courses that offer you insight into topics including:
After graduation, you should be prepared to provide support to organizations that offer direct patient care, provide insurance, or develop treatments.
About This Program
This program prepares students for career paths and duties as:
- Health Care Administrator – Plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services for medical facilities, clinics or departments, or medical practice by a group of physicians.
- Health Care Analyst – Provide management consulting by analyzing organizational performance and offering solutions to make the organization more profitable either by increasing revenue, reducing costs, or both.
- Administrative Services Manager – Supervise activities including record keeping, office operations, and support services
- General Manager – Manage all operational activities of company, spanning functional areas to devise strategies and policies to ensure the organization meets its goals.
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
- MGT212 Introduction to Health Care Management
- MGT225 Legal Aspects of Health Care Management
- MGT222 Human Resources Management
- MGT310 Economics and Health Care Finance
- MGT426 International Issues in Health Care Management
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
It All Adds Up With Salem