BSBA - Applied Management
The Applied Management program builds on your associate degree training to prepare you to: As a graduate of this program, you should be equipped to perform better in your current role, pursue management-track career opportunities, or begin your own company.
The Applied Management program builds on your associate degree training to prepare you to:
As a graduate of this program, you should be equipped to perform better in your current role, pursue management-track career opportunities, or begin your own company.
About This Program
This program prepares students for career paths and duties as**:
- General Manager – Oversee all aspects of business management.
- Management Analyst – Work with managers to make the organization more efficient and effective.
- Operations Supervisor – Plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of public and private sector organizations.
- Office Manager – Plan, direct, and coordinate administrative support services.
- Business Owner – As sole proprietors or with partners or stockholders, plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of business operations.
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
Students must complete the above core courses and the following specialization courses, as well as five or more general education courses to meet the BSBA requirements of 120 earned credits, including at least 30 that qualify as general education:
- BUS410 Business Planning & Small Business Administration
- MGT222 Human Resources Management
- MGT362 Operations Management
- MGT424 International Business Management
- MGT450 Special Topics
SIU offers the Associate of Science in Business Administration online or on campus in West Virginia. Both learning options feature:
- The same curriculum and accelerated course sequence
- Experienced faculty who support your goals
- A diverse learning community
- Comprehensive preparation for your business career
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
It All Adds Up With Salem