Secondary Education Bachelor Degree
Take your place as a leading educator in today’s rapidly advancing educational system! Salem International University’s Secondary Education degree program in the School of Education will help you develop the critical thinking and problem solving skills necessary for success.
With the bachelor’s degree program, you can specialize in Health Grades Pre-K-Adult or Physical Education Pre-K-Adult.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.
- SIU Teacher Education Program Handbook 10-11
- SIU Teacher Education Portfolio Handbook 2010-2011
- SIU Education 490 – Teacher Candidate Internship Handbook
- 2010 Education Major brochure
Secondary Education College courses Include:
- EDU101 Foundations of Education
- EDU271 Human Development
- EDU272 Educational Psychology
- ACS120 The Electronic Classroom
- SPE120 Areas of Exceptionality in Special Education
- SPE390 Inclusive Curriculum, Materials & Methods
- EDU362 Essentials in Content Area Reading
- EDU376 Materials & Methods of Teaching
- EDU416 Educational Assessment Strategies
- EDU436 Classroom Environment & Management
- EDU490 Student Teaching 1
- EDU491 Student Teaching 2
- EDU492 Student Teaching 3
All School of Education programs are regulated by the State of West Virginia Board of Education.
Choose to specialize in:
- Health-Grades Pre-K-Adult
- Physical Education Grades Pre-K-Adult
- Social Studies
Take the first step toward a better future. Contact us today for more information about earning a Bachelor Degree in Secondary Education!