Associate of Science in Computer Science
Computers are now vital infrastructure for nearly every type of business and industry. Trained professionals who can code for computers and understand their architectures will be in increasing demand. In 20 months, you can be prepared to pursue entry-level roles in the field when you earn your Associate of Science in Computer Science (ASCS).
Salem International University’s 60-credit ASCS, available online or on campus, teaches fundamental first skills for careers in computer science. Graduates of this program can also continue to a bachelor’s program in computer science later on.
What You Can Learn – ASCS
The ASCS at SIU teaches basic concepts and skills in computing along with general knowledge that enhances your reasoning and communication capabilities.
Courses cover topics such as:
- Principles of Computer Science
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Fundamentals of Computation
- Fundamentals of Computer Graphics
- Introduction to Programming
After graduating from this program, you can transfer into a bachelor’s degree program or pursue career opportunities in programming, web development, or computer helpdesk assistance.
Where You Can Study
Salem International University offers the AS in Computer Science online or on campus in West Virginia. Both study options offer you:
- Curriculum that combines industry-current knowledge with practical, hands-on training;
- An internationally-focused program that provides insights into today’s global economy;
- A learning community that challenges and supports you from day one.
Earn Your Associate’s in Computer Science
Take the first step towards a computer science career—earn your ASCS. Talk to a Salem International University admissions advisor for more information today.